Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $1,000 reward for anyone with information leading to an arrest in recent home burglaries and break-ins in a neighborhood by Moundbuilders Country Club in west Newark.
The Newark Division of Police reports the following crimes were reported overnight on Aug. 27 while the home owners were sleeping:
- Suspect(s) entered a home in the 1100 block of West Main Street, and stole alcohol and miscellaneous items from the home.
- Suspect(s) entered a home's attached garage on Moundview Ave. and stole a woman's bike.
- Suspect(s) entered a home's attached garage on Parkview Dr. and stole a boy's bike. The suspect(s) later discarded the bike in a neighbors yard, and it was recovered by the owner the next day.
- Suspect(s) entered a home's detached garage on N. 33rd St. and stole a man's mountain bike. The suspect(s) also went through both cars in the garage and attempted to steal a girl's bike and girl's purse, but left both behind in the yard.
- Anyone with information on these crimes is urged to call the Licking County Crime Stoppers at 740-349-6888 or 1-888-488-9058. A special coding system protects the identity of the caller but allows for the reward to be issued at a later time.
Crime Stoppers also takes calls from persons with information about any felony. Information leading to the arrest and indictment of a felony suspect could qualify the caller for a reward as determined by the Crime Stoppers’ Board. Crime Stoppers is a non-profit organization. Reward money comes from private individuals, businesses, and foundations that see Crime Stoppers as an integral tool in the community’s fight against crime. Tax-deductible donations can be sent to: Licking County Crime Stoppers, Inc., P.O. Box 304, Newark, OH 43058-0304.